Dimcho Velichkov was born on 11.08.1987 in Stara Zagora in a family of musicians. He started playing the piano when he was six.One year later he became a member of his father’s piano class as a student in” The National High School For Music, Dance and Theatre” Hristina Morfova, Stara Zagora.
He received his first award “Young Hopes” from the IV international competition “The Music And The Earth” when he was nine.
In 2002 he played in “Hall Bulgaria”. One year later he was a solist of the orchestra of The National State Opera , Stara Zagora. There he performed R. Shuman, piano concert in A-minor. He played as a soloist in Gap and Marseille as part of the international project “ Young Musical Talents” – Bulgaria and France.
In 2005 he graduated ”The National High School For Music, Dance and Theatre” Hristina Morfova, Stara Zagora with an excellence . Later that year he became a student at the Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna in the piano class of professor Franz Zettl.
In 2011 he obtained a bachelor degree in the piano class of professor Markus Prause. In 2015 he obtained a master degree. He has performed concerts in Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, France, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Republic of Korea, Russia, Slovakia. He has taken part in the symphony orchestra “Blue jeans soloist Vienna “.
In 2013 he was invited by the Bulgarian Culture Institute and The Bulgarian Embassy in Moscow to perform as part of the celebrations of the capital of Russia. The same year he performed in Toronto, Canada.
In the autumn of 2014 he played in Ulsan, Samchok, Yongul in The Republic of Korea.
He has participated in various competitions and festivals in Bulgaria and abroad. Some of them are “Stage of The Young Performer” which was part of the Youth Festival for stage arts , Youth International Festival “Muses” in Sozopol, “Korean World Music Performing”, “Sofia Music Weeks”, “Apollonia” - Sozopol, “Festival of Arts Boris Hristoff", International Festival “Skopje Summer” and others.
His teachers were professor Markus Prause, professor Igo Koch, professor Franz Zettl and doctor Otto Probst.
Dimcho Velichkov has participated in the piano classes of professor Atanas Kurtev, professor Dimo Dimov, Ivaila Kirova, professor Krasimir Gatev, Aaron Short.
Dimcho Velichkov has played as a concert performer. He has worked with other young performers like Klara Shuman - flute, Hristina Lazarova - soprano, Uljana Levit - soprano, Fulvio Bertosso, Ina Petkova - violoncello, Maiko Enomoto - violin, Miho Yamamura - piano.
He has participated as a soloist of many symphonic orchestras.
Since 2017 he works as a piano teacher at the Franz Schubert Conservatory - Vienna and at the Schmid & Zettelmann Private Music School, Allegro Vivace Music school - Vienna.
National and International awards
- First and Absolute award of the XIV international competition “Internazionale di Muzica Euterpe”, chairman of the jury was Marchelo Abado, brother of the well known conductor Сlaudio Abado.
- Second award and silver medal from the XII international competition “Euterpe”, Corato, Italy.
- First award (composition) “A Play For a trumpet and a piano.
- Second award and silver medal in the category “A Piano Duo” from the Third National Competition “Classic and Modern times”.
- Third award from the second national competition “Vienna Classic“, 17th national competition “Svetoslav Obretenov”.
- A special award Young Talents from the 4th international competition “The Music And The Earth”
- A diploma for significant art achievements by the mayor of Stara Zagora
The text of this page is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License.